Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Nails

So, I see all these great, creative ways of doing nails on Pinterest and I wanted to come up with something creative to do myself. This is a seasonal way of doing your nails that's no so obvious but still festive.

I started with a base coat. My nails have a tendency to break in half at the top, so I live in a base coat. I use one called Rock Hard that I got at my local Sally Beauty Supply and it has worked wonders! :)

After that, I use a white color. I've found that this actually looks really nice on all skin tones when something is added on top of it :) I use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear. This polish is really thick and kind of temperamental when it comes to drying, so it's not really a white I would recommend. But when it's only $2.50 at Target, I guess I can't really complain. 

 

The last step is the glitter :) I love glittery colors, especially when they are not overpowering. I only used one coat of this gold "Set the Stage" color. I just made sure that the brush had plenty of glitter on it before applying it onto my nails.


It has big and small pieces of glitter so I took a closer up picture of it so you can see the details of all the little sparkles!



Of course, I always recommend using as steady hand as you possibly can. White nail polish is EXTREMELY unforgiving and every mistake shows. 

I hope to post more of these, but I hope you like my little creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment