Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Holiday Nails 2

Hello again. Welcome to my second installment of Holiday Nails! And yes, it has glitter nail polish in it again. I am going to try to upload a new design every week, but we'll see how well that goes :-/

First things first, base coat. Always. Protect those nails ;)

Following that, I chose to use "Gunmetal" gray because I thought it would work in fun contrast with the glitter that will be going on top of it. 


Next, instead of covering the whole nail in glitter, I chose to do a french manicure inspired style that covers about the top third of the nail. I only needed one coat because, like I said, the brand of nail polish I use is very think. You'll notice I didn't do a lot of cleaning up around the nail area before I took the picture.

I've read that putting Vaseline around the nail area before starting will catch any excess nail polish and you'll be able to wipe off any errors made right after.



Final Product! Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment